Also notable within the district are two handsome Colonial Revival examples built across from each other in 1917 and 1920. Both are traditional 5 x 2 bay, 21/2 story examples with the gable end to the side. The Howard and Flora Stone House at 55 Silver Hill Road (1917, MHC # 586, Map #4) is notable for its doorway with elliptical fanlight, pedimented portico with paired columns, and side sunporch with high fieldstone foundation. The charming fieldstone garage, designed with the gambrel roof facing the street, was added about 1922. Across the street, the Henry and Mabel Grimwood House at 54 Silver Hill Road(1920, MHC #596, Map #22) is also a traditional five-bay Colonial Revival house with a one-story porch on each gable end, one screened and one with glass windows.
A discussion of the architecture in the Silver Hill district would not be complete without noting the prevalence of small, 11/2 story houses located both on Merriam Street and occasionally within the subdivision. Of these the most architecturally detailed is the Dutch Colonial cottage at 230 Merriam Street (ca.1926, MHC #605, Map #51), with its hood over the center entrance door, supported on heavy brackets. The shingled cottage built for Frederick and Martha Kenyon at 254 Merriam Street (1911, MHC #604, Map 47) is set on the high promontory reached by fieldstone steps and features wide overhanging eaves with braces, a front screened porch, and 15/1 sash. Other 11/2 story cottages include 185, 217, 230, 235, 242, 246, 268, 269, and 271 Merriam Street and 37, 56 and 67 Silver Hill Road.
In recent years, many houses within the district have been renovated and expanded, generally in ways sensitive to the original. Attractive new Shingle Style houses have been built at 43 SilverHill Road (Map #6) in 1996 and 22 Silver Hill Road (Map #16) in 1999. Both these houses occupy the unused part of what were formerly double lots, eliminating some open space but not replacing original structures. A well-proportioned gable-front Queen Anne Revival was constructed at 213 Merriam Street (Map #34) in 2001, replacing a late 19th century house that had not been well maintained. Preservation efforts and the use of historical styles for new construction have helped to keep the integrity of the district strong overall.