Current 40B Proposals
40B Proposals without Town Support
The following development proposals are not Town-supported but have been approved by the state utilizing MGL Chapter 40B provisions. Under Chapter 40B, a developer seeks Site Approval through the state by submitting an application to MassHousing. MassHousing then notifies the Town and gives 30 days for the Selectmen and Town Departments to provide comment on the proposal. After comments are received, a decision by MassHousing is given and, if approved, the developer then goes before the Town's Zoning Board of Appeals for a Comprehensive Permit. Further comments are allowed at the Zoning Board's public meeting.
The Zoning Board of Appeals process is a judicial process where the board members hear the proposal within a set time frame and then make a decision at the end. This is a prescribed process set by the state.
To follow the comprehensive permit process, please subscribe to receive agenda notifications from the Zoning Board of Appeals. All meetings are open to the public.
104 Stony Brook LLC: 104 Boston Post Road - 150 units on 2.1 acres
Berardi Properties and Layline Ventures LLC is currently under review by the Zoning Board of Appeals for its comprehensive permit to construct 150 rental units on 2.1 acres of land. The developer received site approval from MassHousing in February. The project proposes a five-story building over a 2-story below-grade parking garage with 80 1-bedroom units, 55 2-bedroom units, and 15 3-bedroom units. The existing historical Sibley House will be removed.
Comments from various Town Boards and Committees can be found below, along with the site application materials that were submitted to Mass Housing. On January 4th, the Board of Selectmen voted to withhold approval of the Stony Brook Weston PEL for reasons outlined in its letter below.
To follow the public process of this proposed development, subscribe to receive meeting agenda and minute notification from the Zoning Board of Appeals.
MassHousing Application Documents Nov. 2016
Site Approval and Comprehensive Permit Application Letters
March 2017 Project Updates
April 2017 Project Updates
May 2017 Project Updates
June 2017 Project Updates
July 2017 Project Updates
- Accident Data for Rt 20 at Sibley Road
- Vanasse: Transportation Impact Assessment - July 2017
- Unit Count and Summary
- Allen & Major: Review Response 7-6-17
- Vanasse: Response to Traffic Peer Review 7-6-17
- Nitsch: Peer Review of Drainage Report 7-10-17
- Affordable Housing Trust letter May 8, 2017
- Stantec: Safety Review of Wastewater Treatment Facility 7-14-17
- Conditional Approval for Proposed Stormwater Mgt. System 7-14-17
- Fire and Building Code Review 7-14-17
- City Cambridge: Proposed Conditions 7-17-2017
- Peer Landscape Review 7-19-17
- Peer Landscape Review Sketch 7-19-17
- Peer Landscape Review Response 7-28-17
- Allen & Major: Revised Drainage and Site Plans Letter 7-28-17
- Allen & Major: Revised Drainage Report 7-28-17
- Allen & Major: Revised Drainage and Site Plans 7-28-17
August 2017 Updates
Updates to Comprehensive Permit
November 2016 Updates
December 2016 Updates
January 2017 Updates
Silver Hill: 255 Merriam Street / 11 Hallett Hill - 10 units on 2.94 acres - Decision Appealed
ZBA Decision for a Comprehensive Permit for this 40B development - Dec. 2, 2016 (PDF)
Updates to Comprehensive Permit
- Silver Hill Presentation to ZBA - March 29, 2016
- Cover Letter to Updated Materials - June 6, 2016
- Updated Lighting, Unit, Engineering & Landscaping - June 6, 2016
- Lighting Schedule -June 6, 2016
- Response to Comments- Patrick C Garner Company Inc (PDF)
- Response to Planning Board Letter from May 2016 (PDF)