- Town Projects
- Completed Projects
- Case House
The Case House, the historic house located on the corner of Wellesley Street on the Case Campus, was gifted to the School Department by the Case Family and has served as the offices for the School Administration for the last 60 years. The late 19th-century house needs to be brought up to code in order to continue to serve the needs of the department. It also needs exterior restoration to repair the deterioration of the historic exterior.
Information on the history of the Case's Corner Historic District and the Case Estates area is available online, courtesy of the Weston Historical Society and Historical Commission.
Case House - c. 1890
Construction Funds Request
The Historical Commission and School Committee request for $8,475,000 in construction funds was approved by the November 2018 Special Town Meeting.
The Special Town Meeting presentation and site plans are available below:
- Special Town Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- Case House Site Plans - Sept. 2018 (PDF)
Rehabilitation and Historic Rehabilitation Design
Annual Town Meeting in 2016 approved $270,000 in design funds for the adaptive re-use of the building and to address significant systems, handicap access, fire suppression, and general operational layout upgrades in order to produce a code compliant, efficient office building within a historical context.
Later that year, Special Town Meeting approved a request from the Historical Commission for an additional $27,000 in Community Preservation Act funds for design money to specifically address areas where historically and architecturally accurate restoration work is needed for the house that is not inherently part of meeting the School Administration’s program and needs.
The architectural firm McGinley Kalsow & Associates was chosen to develop designs that address the adaptive re-use while balancing the historic preservation. The firm completed a thorough analysis and has been working with the Permanent Building Committee and the Historical Commission.