Recreation Master Plan
The Recreation Master Plan Steering Committee has begun a master planning process to determine priorities on recreation facilities over the next 10 years. The Town has hired experts from Weston & Sampson, Inc. to consult on this process.
Updating the 2005 Plan
The last plan was developed in 2005 with projects that were completed over a 10-year period, including the artificial turf field at the High School, the development of Burchard Park, and the rehabilitation of Alphabet Field. See the right side-bar on the Committee's web page for additional information.
For this next master plan, the Committee will revisit the current and future needs of all outdoor fields and courts and will also consider indoor facility needs such as an expansion of the Middle School swimming pool, additional gymnasium space, and if there is a need for an indoor field house.
In preparing its analysis, the consultants with Weston & Sampson have:
- hosted a public input session on February 13, 2019
- gathered usage data of the schools' various sports teams
- gathered usage data of the town's recreational sports groups
- toured all Town and School athletic and recreational facilities
- issued a town-wide survey in February with a follow-up survey specific to additional facilities
After gathering information outlined above, the Recreation Master Plan Steering Committee is preparing for a public presentation of its Master Plan Process and will be seeking additional resident feedback at two upcoming meetings regarding future recreational needs and desires of the town:
- Thursday, September 5 at 7:00 p.m. in the Community Center
- Saturday, September 7 at 1:00 p.m. in the Public Library
Additionally, the Recreation Department has an online public discussion regarding this master plan and invites residents' ideas and discussions. Participation does require a log-in. Please follow the online prompts.
For more information on the master planning process, please call the Recreation Department at 781-786-6260.