Update April 30
- The COA space at the Community Center remains closed. The staff is working from home and can be reached by phone or email during regular business hours. Please leave a phone message when calling the office.
- We have launched Weston COA at HOME. Our programs, fitness classes, and support groups are being held live online through the month of June. Check our the May newsletter for programs available.
- COA Social Workers are available by phone to assist residents with information and referrals to social services such as; arranging for volunteer grocery shopping, delivery by volunteers, fuel assistance, benefit program eligibility screenings, meals on wheels, referrals to mental health counseling, transportation, caregiver resources, housing concerns, arranging help at home, and more.
Rides to essential doctor’s appointments are available. Please contact the COA to schedule, 781-786-6280.
Masks are available by request
Food Pantry items are available by delivery.
We are not accepting the return of medical equipment loan items at this time. If you need to borrow medical equipment such as a walker, shower seat etc. contact us for current inventory and pick up/delivery information.
We have no details on the Land’s Sake Vouchers program and what it will look like this year. We will announce any updates as we get them from Land’s Sake.
There is no update on the AARP tax preparation service and if it will be able to return.
File of Life cards, which contain your space to list your emergency contacts, medications, health issues etc. and enables medics to obtain a quick history during an emergency, are available. You would receive one to stick on your fridge and one to go in your purse or wallet. First responders are trained to look for them if they come to your home to transport you to the hospital.
Friendly Call Program is available If you would like daily or periodic check-in phone calls, a COA staff member is available
As of March 17 to April 10:
The COA has been in regular contact with Town Administration and the Fire Chief over the last few days and based on their recommendations and our concern for the health of the residents we serve we will be taking the following precautions:
- Programs, classes, volunteer driving (F.I.S.H.) and Weston Shuttle transportation at the COA are canceled through Friday, April 10 when we will re-evaluate the situation.
- The COA space at the Community Center is closed including our lounge area.
- The staff will available as they are able and can be reached by phone or email
- All AARP Tax appointments has been suspended at this time
- SHINE appointments will take place via phone
- The Weston Shuttle will be available on Thursday, March 19th for residents to do necessary grocery shopping, pharmacy pickups, etc. Call the front desk at 781-786-6280 to reserve your space.
- Meals on Wheels delivery will continue for now as usual
- Volunteer Recognition canceled for April 17th and will be rescheduled
- For Food Pantry, Medical Equipment and general assistance do not hesitate to contact us. The staff will be working and here to answer your questions and provide assistance as we are able
To receive updates from the Town regarding the quickly evolving COVID-19 situation in Weston, make sure you are subscribed to receive Town News and Public Safety News email/text alerts. Subscribe at Weston.org/StayInformed and be sure to verify the subscription and clear CivicPlus as a safe email.
This is a good time to review your communication preferences through WestonAlerts, the Town’s official emergency notification system. Please visit Weston.org/WestonAlerts to log into the system and enter cell phone or email information, as well as to update your household information through Smart 911.