Public Health Best Practices
The best ways to protect yourself and your loved ones from a COVID-19 infection, including the highly-transmissible Delta Variant, which has been detected in Weston and widely across Massachusetts and the U.S., are to:
- Get vaccinated - available to everyone aged 12 and older
- Wear a mask - If you are not fully vaccinated and aged 2 or older, you should wear a mask in indoor public places, as recommended by the CDC
- Learn situational awareness around masking - Even if you are fully vaccinated and you are in close contact with others indoors or out, you can choose to wear a mask. As the Delta variant of Coronavirus circulates masking and vaccination appear to best stop the spread of infections. Everyone must mask in certain situations
- Seek testing - if you are symptomatic or have had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19
- If you are traveling, follow CDC travel advice
- Activate MassNotify on your smartphone - This private and anonymous service notifies users of a potential exposure to COVID-19 so they may take the appropriate precautions
- Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer
Vaccination rates in Weston are high and we're making great progress against COVID-19. However, many people are traveling this summer to places where vaccination rates are lower and we know that the virus transmits easily. While COVID-19 cases are rising across the country the vast majority (96-98%) of individuals hospitalized with complications from infection are unvaccinated.
We continue to actively monitor infections and are working with all individuals who test positive to help stop the spread of Coronavirus in and around Weston. Please call 781-786-5033 or email COVIDquestions@WestonMA.gov with questions or concerns about COVID-19.
News Announcements: Stay Informed
There is understandably a lot of questions and anxiety associated with the virus and the administration of the vaccine. If you have not done so already, be sure to subscribe to Public Safety News or Latest Town News email/text notifications at WestonMA.gov/StayInformed (don't forget to confirm your email/phone number).
Please share the COVID-19 Information Phoneline with residents without computer access: 781-786-6299. This will be updated weekly.