Council on Aging
Purpose & Services
The Weston Council on Aging (COA) supports the welfare and interests of the town’s older adults and those who care for them. We offer:
- comprehensive information, referral, and social services
- health and wellness programs
- educational and social offerings
- transportation and other opportunities for people to stay connected to the community
Our social workers offer residents:
- referrals for housing options
- information about in-home services
- discussions about health concerns and transportation
- support groups
- guidance on strategies to remain independent in one’s home.
We also maintain a resource listing of pre-screened in-home contractors.
A variety of transportation options are available.
- Our 12-passenger bus provides on-demand rides, weekly shopping trips and day trips to cultural events
- a volunteer network of drivers offers rides to medical appointments
- We offer low-cost coupons for taxi rides to nearby towns
COA Staff can provide information on other transportation alternatives.
Fitness and Wellness
Led by trained instructors, COA fitness programs are offered five days a week, close to home, and with one’s peers. Classes target balance, flexibility, strength training, and cardiovascular health.
The COA offers health education lectures on a variety of topics. A blood pressure monitoring clinic and a food pantry are also available.
Educational and Social
A wide variety of instructional courses are offered each month.
Classes include languages, art, music and one-time topics related to health and financial concerns.
Groups gather to knit, discuss current events, play card games or watch a movie. Individuals are welcome to stop by, enjoy a cup of coffee or tea, and catch up with the news.