Solid Waste & Recycling Division
Transfer Station Facility
The Transfer Station accommodates all residential trash disposal needs for residents. Permit stickers are required and available for purchase online or at Town Hall.
Only Weston residents may use the Town's Transfer Station to dispose of trash and recyclables.
You may recycle the following at the Town's Transfer Station:
- All metals
- Brush, leaves, grass, and other yard trimmings
- Cardboard (non-waxed, clean)
- Deposit containers for soda/beer (aluminum, glass, plastic)
- Electronic components (cords, remotes, accessories, screens)
- Glass containers (and lids)
- Mixed paper (junk mail, magazines)
- Plastic (no film or wraps)
- Shoes and textiles (good and bad condition)
- Tin/aluminum cans
- Mercury-containing items (i.e. CFL light bulbs, button batteries, thermostats)
Purpose of Reducing Solid Waste
Removing recyclable items from the solid waste stream is not only required by state law, it will also result in a continued reduction of expenditures on Solid Waste and Recycling Operations, as well as working towards a cleaner and healthier environment.
Learn more about what every household can do to recycle more and why solid waste reduction is an important goal to achieve.
Donation and Bulk Collection AreasTo further assist residents with keeping certain items out of the solid waste stream, the following collection areas are provided at the Transfer Station:
- Books, bicycles, textiles, clothing and household goods for various non-profits can be left at the corresponding donation areas
- Televisions, computer monitors, and other electronic/computer components, as well as fluorescent light bulbs and batteries (as mandated by the Department of Environmental Protection)
- Scrap wood, such as broken furniture, doors or cabinets
- Bulk plastic, such as a broken plastic tub
- Scrap metal, such as an old grill, fencing or appliances