State law requires all dogs older than six months be licensed annually. Failure to do so will result in a fine of $25 for the owner or keeper of the dog. The license period is January 1st - December 31st. All dogs in Weston must be licensed no later than April 30th.
Dog Licenses may be purchased through the mail or at the Town Clerk's Office. Proof of rabies immunization must accompany the application and payment. Renewals may be done online so long as the up-to-date rabies certificate is on file with the Town Clerk.
- $15 for a spayed/neutered dog
- $25 for a dog not spayed/neutered
- $25 for failure to license
Dog License Application
Print the following PDF and mail it or bring it to the Town Clerk's Office. Be sure to include the applicable fee. An up-to-date rabies certificate must be filed with the Town Clerk's Office.
- License renewals can be completed through the Town's online payment system
- An up-to-date rabies certificate must be filed with the Town Clerk's Office in order to renew your Dog License online.
- Online payments may be made by credit/debit card with American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover or with your checking account. Credit/debit card convenience fees will apply, see the schedule of fees for additional information
- There is no charge for payments made with an electronic check from your checking account.
- After renewal, a proof of registration will be emailed to you. The license will be mailed to your home within one week of online purchase
Dog Walking in Weston
Weston dog owners and commercial dog walkers know and respect the rules regarding dogs in public spaces, which are detailed in the Dog By-law. This by-law represents the shared wisdom of the community. It is a social compact that enables all users to safely and confidently share our common land, and protects our treasured open space. Read more about the rules and the by-law, as well as walking paths and trails in town.