Volunteers are, and always have been, an integral part of Weston Town Government. It is volunteers, elected or appointed, who make policy, serve on committees, give of their time and talents, and who help make this the special place that Weston is to all of us.
Do you have a special interest in a particular area? Do you have a special talent that you would be willing to share? Would you just like to become involved? We encourage you to contact us and make your interest known.
Current Volunteer Opportunities in Weston’s Town Government
You can subscribe to receive notification of future opportunities by visiting the Stay Informed page. Enter your email address and select Volunteer Opportunities under Notify Me.
Serve as an Elected Official - Attend the Annual Town Caucus
The Annual Town Caucus will be held on March 10, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. in the Weston Public Library. At this long-standing Weston tradition, residents who wish to run for an elected office are nominated by the meeting attendees to be placed on the ballot for the Town Election. Office terms are three years, except for Moderator (1 year) and Planning Board (5 years).
Available Elected Offices:
- Select Board (1 seat)
- School Committee (1 seat)
- Planning Board (1 seat)
- Board of Assessors (2 seats)
- Recreation Commission (3 seats) - two incumbents are not seeking re-election
- Board of Library Trustees (3 seats)
- Board of Health (1 seat)
- Commissioners of Trust Funds (1 seat)
- Measurers of Lumber (3 seats)
- Volunteer Bark Ranger - respond through this online application
- Council on Aging Volunteers - respond to the COA
- Weston Emergency Response Corps - respond to the Health Dept.