Route 20 Intersection Improvement
The Traffic & Sidewalk Committee and Select Board have held a series of public information meetings since 2014 for the purpose of soliciting public feedback on the intersection improvements at Route 20 / Boston Post Road / Wellesley Street. This is following the intersection study, which was conducted in 2013.
The 2018 Annual Town Meeting approved funds to advance the project to the 25% design phase. The Town Engineer and Traffic & Sidewalk Committee worked with abutters and VHB Engineering to develop the plans for submission.
The Traffic & Sidewalk Committee and the Town Engineer presented the preferred 25% design plan to the Select Board on January 21, 2020, which was approved for submission to the state to petition for the TIP.
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) proposed to reconstruct the intersection of Route 20, Wellesley Street, Boston Post Road, and Winsor Way and make improvements to address safety concerns. A Virtual Design Public Hearing occurred on February 15, 2022, to provide the public with the opportunity to become fully acquainted with the intersection improvements.
During the Virtual Public Hearing on February 15, 2022, it was stated that the intersection reconstruction and related improvements will improve safety for all roadway users. Some roadway restrictions will be required during construction but access to all properties will be maintained.
- 25% Submission Cover Letter (PDF)
- 25% Design Highway Plans (PDF)
- 25% Color Utility Plans (PDF)
- 25% Public Right of Way Plans (PDF)
- 25% Early Environmental Coordination Checklist (PDF)
- Water Quality Data Form (PDF)
- Design Justification Workbook (PDF
- Functional Design Report (PDF)
- Horizontal Alignment Report (PDF)
- Pavement Design Report - Checklist Included (PDF)
- Construction Project Estimator (PDF)
- Construction Cost Estimates (PDF)
- MassDOT Checklist (PDF)
- Traffic and Safety Engineering Checklist (PDF)