Housing Production Plan
HPP Approved Following approval by the Board of Selectmen and the Planning Board, the Housing Production Plan (HPP) was submitted to the Department of Housing and Community Development on May 25,
What is a Housing Production Plan?
An HPP is a proactive and studied means towards developing affordable housing that is in keeping with the Town's own affordable housing policies and preferences. The Plan is not a construction plan, but more specifically is intended to communicate to the state how Weston can address its affordable housing responsibilities. This plan contains three elements, which outlines for the state:
- a comprehensive assessment of Weston's housing needs
- affordable housing goals to meet the needs
- strategies towards achieving the goals
Now that Weston has state approval, the Town can decide how to move forward with the plan. Read the state's guidelines for producing a Housing Production Plan (PDF).
The Selectmen-appointed committee, the Housing Production Plan Steering Committee, was formed in April of 2015 and worked with a Housing Production Plan consultant to develop Weston's HPP. The draft HPP was presented to the Planning Board on December 16, 2015 and the Board of Selectmen on December 22, 2015. Having fulfilled its charge, the Steering Committee was dissolved with appreciation for its hard work. The following documents were used in developing the final HPP.
- The Steering Committee Final Report to the Board of Selectmen and Planning Board (PDF)
- The Housing Production Plan (PDF) (entire report)
- Executive Summary of the HPP (PDF) (extraction)
- Housing Needs Assessment (PDF) (extraction)
- Housing Production Goals (PDF) (extraction)
- Housing Strategies (PDF) (extraction)
- March Public Hearings Presentation (PDF)
- Research of the Housing Needs and Strategies (PDF)
- Weston's Policies and Preferences for Affordable Housing (PDF)