Update: Friday, May 15th – 5:00 p.m.
Updates will continue to be posted to the Town’s website at Weston.org/COVID19 and will be issued via email/text, as well as through the Town’s social media channels. Subscribe to receive these “News Flash” email/text messages at Weston.org/StayInformed by entering your email or cell phone number, clicking “sign in” and selecting Latest Town News and/or Public Safety News. Be sure to verify the subscription(s) so you receive them.
In This Update:
- In the surge - state and county numbers
- Weston’s cases
Still in the Surge: Remain Vigilant
As of today’s reporting, there are:
- 83,421 people in Massachusetts who have tested positive for COVID-19
- 5,592 people have lost their lives.
- 18,683 positive cases in Middlesex County
- 15,996 positive cases in Suffolk County
MassDPH is providing daily Response Reporting
, which includes daily and cumulative confirmed cases; cases by hospital, county, and age/sex/ethnicity; testing by date; deaths; hospital capacity; nursing home data; and PPE distribution. An archive of MassDPH’s past reports
is available on the state’s website.
With the virus still spreading, residents should continue to be vigilant in ensuring safety and proper hygiene
- stay at home as much as possible, even with the new face covering order
- If you need to venture out, wash your hands before leaving and maintain a 6-foot physical distance
- sanitize everything you touched (wallet, car door handles, steering wheel, credit card, etc.)
- wash your hands immediately after touching/removing your mask
- avoid cross contamination when using masks and gloves
- If you are going outside for fresh air and exercise, do so with your own immediate family and maintain a 6-foot physical distance from others
- Bring a face covering with you in case the trails are crowded and maintaining a safe distance is not possible. See also Weston.org/Trails for additional information
Cases in Weston
There is a counting discrepancy in the state’s system due to a laboratory attributing a batch of confirmed positive tests to Weston; however, not all of the test results can be attributed to Weston residents. The number of positive cases in town from this past Monday is up slightly but we cannot provide an exact count as of today. With the assistance of the Weston Emergency Reserve Corps and the Weston Public School nurses, Weston’s Health Department is reporting:
- 144 Weston residents positive for COVID-19 (Weston numbers include lab test confirmed  and presumed positive , the state reports lab test confirmed)
- 49 residents have recovered from COVID-19
- 22 residents have passed away
- Call 781-786-5030 if you have a doctor diagnosis of COVID-19 without being tested
- Call 781-786-5030 if you have arrived to town from foreign or domestic travel