Where and When
- Annual Town Meeting will be called to order at 2:00 p.m. on Proctor Field at Weston High School (444 Wellesley Street)
- Check-in begins at 1:00 p.m. and voters are encouraged to arrive before the start of the meeting to allow for time to check-in and find a seat
- Masks are required
- Chairs will be positioned in "zones" in the event of a standing count, please do not move chairs from the zones
- Please dress for weather
- Golf carts will be available for those requiring assistance to the field - please park at the Middle School to access them
- Weston Police will be on site to help direct traffic and parking
- WiFi will be boosted to help voters access Town Meeting information that is available online
- Bring your warrant and budget book, which was mailed out. Extra copies will be available
- Registered Weston voters may participate in Town Meeting. Check your registration status online
- All discussions and votes take at Town Meeting matter but Saturday afternoons are tricky at best. Please refer to the Know the Issues web page for information on the articles up for discussion and vote and see the summary below
Discussion and Vote: Know the Issues at WestonMA.gov/TownMeeting
- The Warrant, FY22 Operating Budget, budget reports, links to past meetings, video presentations, and slide presentations are all available on one reference web page at WestonMA.gov/TownMeeting. QR codes will be posted at Town Meeting for quick access, too
- Voters are encouraged to review the information prior to the meeting to help with discussion and subsequent vote on the various warrant articles. There is also a Town Meetings Procedures one-sheet to help newcomers to the proceedings
A warrant is the meeting agenda and the articles are the items that will be discussed during the meeting. No visual presentations will be made; however, many are available online to view/review. The motions that will be made are also available online so meeting participants can follow along for each vote.
- FY22 Operating Budget - both town and schools budgets are a part of the Town's Operating Budget
- Consent Agenda: Articles 3 - 21 - all of these articles are bundled under one vote, unless 10 or more voters request an article be removed from the bundle.
- Article 22 - HS/MS Campus Master Plan Study
- Article 23 - CPA Community Housing by WAHFI on gifted property on Birch Lane
- Article 24 - Walkway on Ash St, connecting Case Estates to the reservoir
- Article 25 - rehabilitation work at Burchard Park
- Article 26 - rehabilitation work at Memorial Pool
- Articles 27 - 29 - Case Estates parcel work
- Articles 30 & 32 - the two articles pertaining to the proposed Riverside Road residential component will be passed over from vote
- Articles 31 & 33 - the two zoning by-law amendment articles pertaining to the life science and research facility at Riverside Road
- Article 34 - Citizens' Petition to ban the sale of fur in Weston
All discussions and votes taken at Town Meeting matter therefore your participation matters.
Town Meeting is a great time to get together with your neighbors that you may not see often and discussions are generally pretty interesting. It's hard to state what time articles come up for discussion but each article is taken in order as they appear in the Warrant and presenters have five minutes to outline the matter. Checking-in and finding a seat are two other things to consider if trying to figure out when to arrive at the football field.