If You're Hot, Visit a Cooling Station - Be Safe
Please be safe in this weather and follow these safety tips from the Mass. Emergency Management Agency:
- Never leave children or pets alone in a closed vehicle. Even with the windows cracked open, interior temperatures can rise almost 20°F within 10 minutes.
- Visit a cooling center, listed below
- Know the symptoms of and watch out for heat-related illnesses like heat cramps, heat exhaustion, and heat stroke. Call 9-1-1 to report emergencies.
- Be a good neighbor. Check on family, friends, and neighbors, especially the elderly, those who live alone, those with medical conditions, those who may need additional assistance, and those who may not have air conditioning.
Drink lots of water. There is air conditioning in:
- Town Hall - 8:00 to 5:00 p.m. (8 - 1:30 on Fri.
- Public Library - 10:00 to 9:00 p.m. (10 - 6 on Fri)
- Community Center (COA/Recreation) - 8:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Police Station Training Room - open 24 hours.
Please wear a mask.