2021 Roadway Reconstruction Program
Utility work needs to be appropriately coordinated and completed, the following roads are expected to be worked on this construction season. This also includes crack and chip sealing programs. Also note the gas main work being completed by National Grid in the utility work section below:
- Ash Street – TBD as sidewalk project at Town Meeting did not pass
- Kings Grant Road after drainage work is complete
Spruce Hill Road – Completed. Bay State Road – Completed. Buckskin Road & Whispering Lane – Completed.
- Newton Street (150 Newton Street to Route 30) – Final paving week of October 11th. Anticipate driveway aprons week of October 18th. Line painting anticipated week of October 18th, then loaming and seeding and final cleanup tentatively scheduled for the end of the week of October 18th .
- Spring Road – Anticipate Round 2 of 2021 Paving Program.
There are two water services from the water main to the curb stop that need to be replaced prior to any roadway work which were relayed October 6th. Possible November 1st startup.
- Wellesley Street (milling)
- Ridgeway Road (milling)
- Linden Circle
- Stonecroft Road
- Winter Street (section)
- Hallet Hill Road
- Bittersweet Road – Anticipate Round 2 of 2021 Paving Program. Anticipate Spring startup.
- Hickory Road - (gas work underway)
- Briar Lane – Anticipate Round 2a of 2021 Paving Program
- Stony Brook Road
- Old Colony Road- gas work anticipated first
- Ferndale Road – gas work anticipated first
- Columbine Road – gas work anticipated first
- Dean Road – gas work anticipated first
- Chiltern Road – Anticipate Round 2a of 2021 Paving Program
- Lantern Road – Anticipate Round 2 of 2021 Paving Program. Anticipate Spring startup
- Old Coach Road – Anticipate Round 2 of 2021 Paving Program. Anticipate Spring startup.
- Longmeadow Lane – Possible November 1st startup;
- Walnut Street (section) – Next construction season
Anticipate Crack Sealing Program completed
Road Cutting after Paving Moratorium
Once paving is completed on any roadway in Weston, a five-year moratorium on pavement cutting is placed on that road. This is done to protect the investment made by taxpayers. A five-year schedule of anticipated roadway reconstruction is available on the DPW's web page under Capital Improvement Projects.
Town Center Improvement Project Eversource
- At the Church Street approach, the relocation of overhead lines to new poles still outstanding, then double poles can be removed. Comcast
– completed with the exception of at the buildings. Director is not happy with the look at some of the building interfaces and have expressed the same to the utility company. Outstanding work include overhead line transfer at Church Street pole across from Conant Road which is anticipated to be completed the week of October 18th . Verizon
– completed with the exception of at the buildings. Director is not happy with the look at some of the building interfaces and have expressed the same to the utility company. Outstanding work include overhead line transfer at Church Street pole across from Conant Road. Permanent Signs
- work continues and will be completed after the new pavement markings are installed. Anticipated week of October 18th
– The majority of the hardscaping is completed. The furnishings for the various park areas will be arranged per the direction of the Landscape architect. Outstanding work –
we are monitoring several trees; irrigation system up and running but not a final inspection; finish controls for tight tank installation on Center Street, final landscaping including the replacement of several trees and planting of evergreen tree at Knox Park tentatively scheduled for week of October 18th
, then compile punchlist to complete.
Tentative Schedule for balance of work: After Labor Day
: signage completion, tree re-plantings and holiday tree planting, etc. which is all scheduled for the week of October 18th
. Outstanding is the controller for the new Fire Station tight tank and there is a supply issue which is delaying completion.
Traffic Management Plans are modified daily to maximize available parking for the businesses.