2021 Roadway Reconstruction Program
Utility work needs to be appropriately coordinated and completed, the following roads are expected to be worked on early next construction season. This also includes crack and chip sealing programs. Also note the gas main work being completed by National Grid in the utility work section below:
- End of Kings Grant Road (Route 117 to Spruce Hill Road Intersection) – double barrel;
- Myles Standish Road;
- Plymouth Road;
- Bradford Road;
- Hancock Road;
- Merriam Street (Westland Road to Silver Hill Road) Including Sidewalk in this area as well
- Hallet Hill Road;
- Willard Road – gas main work first;
- Bemis Road – gas main work first and drainage work;
- Longmeadow Road;
- Spring Road;
- Lantern Road;
- Old Coach Road.
On the radar
- Bittersweet Road;
- Chiltern Road;
- Dean Road;
- Ferndale Road;
- Old Colony Road;
- Columbine Road.
depending on how the season goes:
- Hickory Road – drainage work (crossings) first;
- Briar Lane;
- Walnut Road (public section);
Road Cutting after Paving Moratorium
Once paving is completed on any roadway in Weston, a five-year moratorium on pavement cutting is placed on that road. This is done to protect the investment made by taxpayers. A five-year schedule of anticipated roadway reconstruction is available on the DPW's web page under Capital Improvement Projects.
Town Center Improvement Project Ongoing Work
Outstanding work – There will be two trees (minimum) that will be replaced in the Spring 2022 as there was not good stock at the nurseries; finish controls for tight tank installation on Center Street; then punchlist items that are ongoing.