2022 Rain Barrel Program
Did you know that the average Weston resident uses nearly 100 gallons of water per day? That means Weston has the highest water usage per capita in Massachusetts. Rain barrels help the environment by conserving water and can save you money.
Rain barrels provide homeowners with:
- a supplemental water supply during periods of drought
- a decreased water bill of up to 40%
- a healthy, chlorine and chemical-free water source for plants and gardens
- improved residential stormwater management
- slower pollution from runoff
We are encouraging residents to use rain barrels because they help the Town manage:
- its water resources by reducing runoff;
- lowering municipal water demands;
- saving energy at treatment plants; and
- improving residential storm management.
It’s a win-win for the Town and you!
Purchase Your Rain Barrel Today
A discount is available for Weston residents through the Great American Rain Barrel company. Visit this link to purchase rain barrels.
The deadline to order is May 26, 2022, at midnight. Orders can be picked up from June 7 - 10, 8:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Public Works Facility (180 Boston Post Road By-pass).