Weston COA Community Programs
June Programs & May Reflections
As we become more excited about the ramp-up to summer, we are equally excited about our June line-up of programs and events.
internationally-acclaimed violinist Ilana Zaks brings a program of solo violin music including Telemann, Coleridge Taylor Perkinson, Liszt and Paganini. Ilana has been described by Boston Music Intelligencer as “fearless, refreshing and commanding…she has all the requisites of technique, confidence and sensibility for a major career”;
- Weston resident and environmental educator Nina Danforth will lead us on a trail walk, Then & Now at Louisa Case's farm
- Historian Richard Bell with present about June 19, 1865, now marked as the holiday Juneteenth;
- representatives from the Centers for Medicare& Medicare Services Office will provide an overview of the No Surprises Act and the end of surprise medical billing;
- our Local and Global Discussion Group will discuss the recent history of Myanmar;
- Yoga and mindfulness-based stress reduction teacher will debunk the "I can't meditate" myth in an introduction to mindfulnesses meditation;
- a local tour guide will give us a live virtual walking tour of Amsterdam;
- and we'll travel to Castle Island and the A.R.T. to see 1776.
Dates and details for these programs and our many other programs and events are in our June newsletter! If you see something you're interested in but aren't quite in our age group, give us a call! If there's space in a program, we're happy to have you join us!
PS don't forget to sign up to pick up an Orange you glad it's summer gift bag!