Paving and Roadwork
- Fairview and Montvale roads design work is complete and construction work will take place in spring/summer before roadway reconstruction occurs;
- DPW continues to work on drainage designs and obtaining necessary easements before roadway work can be planned on Newton Street
Calendar Year 2018 Anticipated Roadway Reconstructions –
Summer Street, Fairview Road and Montvale Road intersection, Winter Street (Route 30 to Brown Street), Perry Lane, Juniper Road, Aspen Road, Glen Road (Wellesley Street to Oak Street), Highland Street (Pine Street to Route 30) assuming all gas work, water work, and drainage work is completed.
We anticipate Gail Road, Pembroke Road, Webster Road, and Arrowhead Road will occur if the gas work can get completed this year. We also anticipate milling and overlaying a section of Conant Road (Church Street to old railroad bridge)
State/Utility Project WorkOngoing
- Route 30 (South Avenue) and Wellesley Street Signal Improvement Project - final landscaping and final cleanup outstanding. MassDOT and its contractor are non-committal with schedule to complete;
- National Grid’s gas relay projects - Church Street at/about Pigeon Hill Road (project currently on hold)
- Continuing to coordinate with Eversource on a number of outstanding issues in Town including double poles, poles guyed into trees, leaning poles and pole guyed with rope (Merriam Street), hazard trees at/near power lines, etc.
National Grid's Gas Relay Projects (carry over from 2017):
National Grid’s Gas Relay Projects - proposed for construction 2018:
- Wellesley Street including Bass Pond Road (Rockport Road to town line) – National Grid will final trench pave at the end of May/beginning of June 2018;
- Conant Road / Colchester Road – National Grid is working on final tie over, then will final trench pave at the end of May/beginning of June 2018;
- Glen Road (Wellesley Street to Cliff Road intersection plus or minus) gas main replacement ongoing
Glen Road (Wellesley Street to Oak Street), Gail Road, Pembroke Road, Sherburn Circle, continuation of Wellesley Street (699-654), Newton Street, and Concord Road (1-81)