Construction Update - Aug. 12th
Access to Town Center businesses is supported and monitored, as "Businesses are Open" is a critical directive given to the project team by the planning committee.DRIVE SLOWLY & watch for directional signs.
There are two construction crews working in the area -
- Crew 1: drainage work heading west from the Town Green toward 483 Boston Post Road.
There will be some parking disruptions within this area. Look for signs indicating available parking areas. If you need assistance to a business, ask a police officer or ground crew member.
- Crew 2: in front of the Town Green continuing ductbank and utility manhole installation in Boston Post Road.
The detour around Town House Road for west-bound Post Road traffic will be in effect, when needed (see below). Look for road signs.
Police Detail is on site
Town House Road Detour
The one-way direction of Town House Road is reversed during construction work hours as crews set utility manholes and ductbanks in Boston Post Road in front of the Town Green.
- Boston Post Road in the Town Green vicinity will accommodate vehicles heading east
- Vehicles heading west in this vicinity will be detoured up Church Street and directed onto Town House Road to access Boston Post Road (at Knox Park) west-bound
- The one-way direction change is during construction work hours only
- Town Hall is open during its posted summer hours
- Watch for posted signs indicating "one-way" and "detour"
- DRIVE SLOWLY - watch for signs, cars, and children accessing the playground
- Police detail is on site for assistance
Anticipated Work & Hours
Work will begin at 7:00 a.m. and generally conclude around 3:00 p.m., though some days may go a bit longer.
Refer to the "Three-week Look Ahead" document below for anticipated upcoming work. This document is updated weekly.
For insight into work during the month of August, refer to the "Anticipated Work Activity" documents. As with all construction work, activities are anticipated as unexpected issues (like ledge removal) can arise and delay progress.
As work continues in Boston Post Road, some street parking will be closed during work hours. Pedestrian access to businesses will be maintained since work is "between the curbs." If you need assistance accessing a business, please ask a police officer or ground crew member.
NO PARKING signs will be posted 24-hours in advance of road work. We ask that you take notice of these signs and refrain from parking in these areas during the posted hours.
Signs indicating alternative parking areas will be posted.
Follow Progress and Get Updates
Construction updates, detours, and potential schedule changes will be posted on the project web page at www.weston.org/TownCenter and will be issued through this dedicated project listserv.
You may subscribe to receive these email/text notifications of construction activities on the “Town Center Construction Project” under "News Flash" at www.weston.org/StayInformed.
Please consider sharing this email and information.
Questions/Comments about this notice may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org