Construction Update - Sept. 23rd
Access to Town Center businesses is supported and monitored, as "Businesses are Open" is a critical directive given to the project team by the planning committee.
DRIVE SLOWLY & follow road signs
There are three construction crews working in the area. Traffic priorities are given to emergency vehicles and school buses crossing through the area.
- Crew 1:
- installing catch basins and laterals on Boston Post Road
- installing catch basins and manholes at 450 Boston Post Road
- Crew 2:
- installing utility duct banks on Boston Post Road at Town House Road
- installing utility duct banks and manholes on Church Street - SEE NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN BELOW
- Crew 3
Town House Road and immediate area will be cleared for the Weston-Wayland Rotary Club's 25th Annual Antique Car Show on September 21st
Progress photos are now available online, for those interested in what duct banks and manholes look like.
Town House Road Detour
(until approximately Sept. 25)
The one-way direction of Town House Road is reversed (north/east to south/west) during construction work hours (as needed) so crews can set utility manholes and duct banks in Boston Post Road in the areas around the Town Green.
- Boston Post Road in the Town Green vicinity will accommodate vehicles heading east
- Vehicles heading west in this vicinity will be detoured up Church Street and directed onto Town House Road to access Boston Post Road (at Knox Park) west-bound
- Eastbound traffic needing to access Town House Road will be directed up Church Street
- The one-way direction change is during construction work hours only
- Town Hall is open ( M - Th 8 - 5 pm; F 8 - 1:30 pm)
- Watch for posted signs indicating "one-way" and "detour"
- DRIVE SLOWLY ON TOWN HOUSE ROAD - watch for signs, cars, children accessing the playground, and pedestrians accessing Town Hall
- Police detail is on site for assistance
Church Street Northbound Detour
(anticipated to begin Sept. 25)
It is anticipated that by Wednesday, Sept. 25, crews will be moving to Church Street, which will prompt a new traffic pattern for vehicles accessing Church Street northbound.
- Town House Road will revert to its original one-way direction (south/west to north/east)
- Church Street from Town House Road to Boston Post Road, will accommodate traffic heading south
- Vehicles heading north on Church Street, from Boston Post Road, will be directed around Town House Road
- DRIVE SLOWLY ON TOWN HOUSE ROAD
- WATCH FOR TURNING VEHICLES AT CHURCH ST / CONANT RD / TOWN HOUSE RD
- See map (PDF) for details
Anticipated Work & Hours
Work will begin at 7:00 a.m. and generally conclude around 3:00 p.m., though some days may go a bit longer. Anticipate site set up to occur prior to 7:00 a.m.
Refer to the "Three-week Look Ahead" document below for anticipated upcoming work. This document is updated weekly.
For insight into work during the month of September, refer to the "Anticipated Work Activity" documents. As with all construction work, activities are anticipated as unexpected issues (like ledge removal) can arise and delay progress.
As work continues in Boston Post Road, some street parking will be closed during work hours. Pedestrian access to businesses will be maintained since work is "between the curbs." If you need assistance accessing a business, please ask a police officer or ground crew member.
NO PARKING signs will be posted 24-hours in advance of road work. Barrels will be placed in the spaces that will not be available for parking. We ask that you take notice of these signs and refrain from parking in these areas during the posted hours. If the barrels are placed up on the sidewalk, then parking is allowed in the space.
Signs indicating alternative parking areas will be posted.
Follow Progress and Get Updates
Construction updates, detours, and potential schedule changes will be posted on the project web page at www.weston.org/TownCenter and will be issued through this dedicated project listserv.
You may subscribe to receive these email/text notifications of construction activities on the “Town Center Construction Project” under "News Flash" at www.weston.org/StayInformed.
Please consider sharing this email and information.
Questions/Comments about this notice may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org