Construction Update - October 28th
Access to Town Center businesses is supported and monitored, as "Businesses are Open" is a critical directive given to the project team by the planning committee. So, grab some lunch and enjoy the fall weather on the Town Green or get your holiday shopping done early.
DRIVE SLOWLY & follow road signs
There are two construction crews working in the area. Traffic priorities are given to emergency vehicles and school buses crossing through the area.
Night work to commence
- Crew 1: (daytime) - Town House Road detour will NOT be in use
- preparing utility ductbank and manholes (Town House Rd to Concord Rd)
- anticipate hammering of ledge
- Crew 2: (nighttime)
- installing utility duct banks at Boston Post Road (Center St to Concord Rd)
- work hours are 7:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- access to businesses remains until their closing hours
- noise mitigation plan in place
Progress photos are online:
- What duct banks and manholes look like
- Church Street work
- Aerial shots
Town House Road Detour
The one-way direction of Town House Road is reversed (from Church St. to BPR) during construction work hours (as needed) as crews continue road work in the Town Green vicinity:
- Boston Post Road in the Town Green vicinity will accommodate vehicles heading east
- Vehicles heading west in this vicinity will be detoured up Church Street and directed onto Town House Road to access Boston Post Road (at Knox Park) west-bound
- Eastbound traffic needing to access Town House Road will be directed up Church Street
- Southbound traffic, from Church St. (and Conant Rd), will be directed onto Town House Road
- The one-way direction change is during construction work hours only
- Town Hall is open ( M - Th 8 - 5 pm; F 8 - 1:30 pm)
- Watch for posted signs indicating "one-way," "do not enter," and "detour"
- DRIVE SLOWLY ON TOWN HOUSE ROAD - watch for signs, cars, children accessing the playground, and pedestrians accessing Town Hall - speed limit is 20 mph
- Police detail is on site for assistance
Anticipated Work & Hours
Day work will begin at 7:00 a.m. and generally conclude around 3:00 p.m., though some days may go a bit longer. Anticipate site set up to occur prior to 7:00 a.m.
The night work will begin at 7:30 p.m. with crew set up and will conclude at 5:30 a.m. Access to businesses remains until their closing hours.
Refer to the "Three-week Look Ahead" document below for anticipated upcoming work. This document is updated weekly.
For insight into work during the month of October, refer to the "Anticipated Work Activity" documents. As with all construction work, activities are anticipated as unexpected issues can arise and delay progress.
As work continues in Boston Post Road, some street parking will be closed during work hours. Pedestrian access to businesses will be maintained since work is "between the curbs." If you need assistance accessing a business, please ask a police officer or ground crew member.
NO PARKING signs will be posted 24-hours in advance of road work. Barrels will be placed in the spaces that will not be available for parking. We ask that you take notice of these signs and refrain from parking in these areas during the posted hours. If the barrels are placed up on the sidewalk, then parking is allowed in the space.
Signs indicating alternative parking areas will be posted.
Follow Progress and Get Updates
Construction updates, detours, and potential schedule changes will be posted on the project web page at www.weston.org/TownCenter and will be issued through this dedicated project email/text service.
You may subscribe to receive these email/text notifications of construction activities on the “Town Center Construction Project” under "News Flash" at www.weston.org/StayInformed.
Please consider sharing this email and information.
Questions/Comments about this notice may be sent to email@example.com