Construction Update - November 11th
Access to Town Center businesses is supported and monitored, as "Businesses are Open" is a critical directive given to the project team by the planning committee. So, grab some lunch and enjoy the fall weather on the Town Green or get your holiday shopping done early.
DRIVE SLOWLY & follow road signs
NIGHT WORK UNDERWAY, as well as day work
There are three construction crews working in the area: two daytime and one at night. Traffic priorities are given to emergency vehicles and school buses crossing through the area.
- Crew 1: (daytime) - See Fiske Lane Detour
- preparing utility ductbank and manholes (Concord Road to Fiske Lane)
- anticipate hammering of ledge
- crews prepping night work with goal of finishing work between Center Street and Concord Road before holiday shopping season
- Crew 2: (nighttime)
- installing utility duct banks in Boston Post Road (Center Street to Concord Road)
- work hours are 7:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- access to businesses remains until their closing hours
- noise mitigation plan in place
- either police detail or detours will be placed
- Crew 3: (daytime)
- miscellaneous work and paving in the Boston Post Road/Church Street vicinity
Night work is being conducted to assist local businesses maintain customer access. Some street parking may be closed during daytime work hours.
- Pedestrian access to businesses will be maintained
- If you need assistance accessing a business, please ask a police officer or ground crew member
- If daytime crews are working in front or near a retail shop, please look for signs indicating alternative parking areas
NO PARKING signs will be posted 24-hours in advance of road work. Barrels will be placed in the spaces that will not be available for parking. We ask that you take notice of these signs and refrain from parking in these areas during the posted hours. If the barrels are placed up on the sidewalk, then parking is allowed in the space.
Anticipated Work & Hours
Day work will begin at 7:00 a.m. and generally conclude around 3:00 p.m., though some days may go a bit longer. Anticipate site set up to occur prior to 7:00 a.m.
The night work will begin at 7:30 p.m. with crew set up and will conclude at 5:30 a.m. Access to businesses remains until their closing hours.
Refer to the "Three-week Look Ahead" document below for anticipated upcoming work. This document is updated weekly.
October Progress Report
Progress photos are online: what duct banks and manholes look like; Church Street work; and, aerial views.As of October 26, and since the start of the project in June, the contractor has focused on installing underground infrastructure including drainage, water services, utility manholes, and utility duct banks. The contractor has substantially completed the installation of drainage work:
The contractor has substantially completed the installation of water work:
- 25 of 30 catch basins
- 19 of 20 drain manholes
- 5 of 5 water quality units
- 2,400 linear feet of 2,800 linear feet of drain pipe installed;
The contractor’s construction schedule calls for completing the installation of the primary utility duct banks by the end of the calendar year (construction season no. 1). Week 1 of night work resulted in 170-linear feet over schedule duct bank install.Currently the Town has installed electrical and telecommunication conduits in Church Street and Boston Post Road from School Street to Center Street:
- 19 of 22 water services relayed
- 200 feet of water main at Boston Post Road and Center Street installed
- 37 of 69 utility manholes installed:
- 16 of 27 Eversource
- 13 of 17 Verizon
- 6 of 21 Comcast
- 4 Town Fiber
- 7,100 linear feet of 18,000 linear feet of primary ductbank conduit installed:
- 1,500 feet of 4,000 feet of Eversource
- 2,100 feet of 5,400 feet of Verizon
- 1,900 feet of 4,700 feet of Comcast
- 1,600 of 3,900 feet of Town Fiber
Follow Progress and Get Updates
Construction updates, detours, and potential schedule changes will be posted on the project web page at www.weston.org/TownCenter and will be issued through this dedicated project email/text service.
You may subscribe to receive these email/text notifications of construction activities on the “Town Center Construction Project” under "News Flash" at www.weston.org/StayInformed.
Please consider sharing this email and information.
Questions/Comments about this notice may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org