Construction Update - December 9th
Access to Town Center businesses is supported and monitored, as "Businesses are Open" is a critical directive given to the project team by the planning committee. So, grab some lunch and get your holiday shopping done early. Small Business Saturday is November 30th.
DRIVE SLOWLY & follow road signs
Access to homes and businesses will always be maintained. Ask for assistance if unsure. Police Detail is on site.
Traffic priorities are given to emergency vehicles and school buses crossing through the area.
- Crew 1: - anticipate the Fiske Lane Detour
- telecom and Eversource ductbank work in BPR between Concord Road to Linwood Avenue
- businesses are open in this area, ask for assistance from police detail if access is unclear
- Crew 2: Town House Road (direction of Town House Road is normal)
- drill and hammer ledge
- install utility ductbank
- install utility manholes (working up from Boston Post Road)
- the west to east direction of Town House Road is expected to be maintained
- Crew 3:
- risers and ductbank connections
- paving cleaning
Some street parking may be closed during work hours. If you require access to a business located between Linwood Avenue and Fiske Lane, please ask for assistance if access is unclear.
- Pedestrian access to businesses will be maintained.
- If you need assistance accessing a business, please ask a police officer or ground crew member.
- If crews are working in front or near a retail shop, please look for signs indicating alternative parking areas.
NO PARKING signs will be posted 24-hours in advance of road work. Barrels will be placed in the spaces that will not be available for parking. We ask that you take notice of these signs and refrain from parking in these areas during the posted hours. If the barrels are placed up on the sidewalk, then parking is allowed in the space.
Anticipated Work & Hours
Day work will begin at 7:00 a.m. and generally conclude around 3:00 p.m., though some days may go a bit longer. Anticipate site set up to occur prior to 7:00 a.m.
Refer to the "Three-week Look Ahead" document below for anticipated upcoming work. This document is updated weekly.
As with all construction work, activities are anticipated as unexpected issues can arise and delay progress.
Detour Maps and Town House Road Description
Police detail is on site to direct traffic. At times, when work dictates, detour and flow adjustments (such as rush hour and access to businesses) may be made. Watch for posted signs and police in the vicinity.
Follow Progress and Get Updates
Construction updates, detours, potential schedule changes, and progress will be posted on the project web page at www.weston.org/TownCenter and will be issued through this dedicated project email/text service.
You may subscribe to receive these email/text notifications of construction activities on the “Town Center Construction Project” under "News Flash" at www.weston.org/StayInformed.
Please consider sharing this email and information.
Questions/Comments about this notice may be sent to email@example.com