1. Use the following form to describe:
- the trees proposed for removal
- the mitigation plan
2. You will be asked below to upload a sketch map indicating the location of the proposed trees for removal and the Jurisdictional Area.
3. After submitting this form, flag the trees proposed for removal in preparation for a site visit from a member from the Conservation Office. Staff will inspect the area within one week of receiving this application. You do not need to be present for the site visit.
4. Do not proceed with the tree removal until the Conservation Office has issued approval for the tree removal.
Questions may be directed to the Conservation Office at 781-786-5068 or email@example.com
Read the full Tree Removal Policy for details on the permit approval process. This policy applies to natural or landscaped areas within Conservation jurisdiction. Landscaped areas comprised predominantly of lawn or landscaping shrubs. Natural areas are predominantly of naturally occurring vegetation.
Additional information on the tree removal process, including a description of Jurisdictional Areas and mitigation requirements is detailed on the Tree Removal Process web page.
In which of he following areas are you requesting to remove trees? Find the following corresponding section to add details.
Please provide an answer for the nine questions below, if the proposed work falls within this jurisdictional area.
Below, you will be asked to upload a sketch map of the trees proposed for removal in the jurisdictional area. The sketch must show the following:
1. Location of existing Wetland Resource Areas (including Riverfront Area) and the 100-foot buffer zone, house, trees, and other relevant features
2. Location of proposed trees to be cut (numbered in a way that can be cross-referenced with the Tree Removal Request form); and
3. Location where proposed mitigation trees or shrubs (if required) will be planted
You can access a map of the property on the Town's MapsOnline GIS Program. The link below will take you to a web page where a the MapsOnline user guide can also be found.
You will also be asked to upload a mitigation plan for a proposed tree removal, if required due to size or location.
Follow the directions above before uploading the sketch map of the proposed location of tree removal.
The Native Plant Mitigation Plan form can be found on page 7 of the tree/shrub replacement guide.
Upload page 7 from the Tree/Shrub Replacement Guidelines (PDF located above).
I would like to request a waiver for any required mitigation planting due to the following reason:
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field